Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kitchen Gadgets

I have been eating relatively "clean" for about a week now and I can already tell a huge difference. I am not as tired throughout the day and I just feel better. I haven't weighed in so I cannot tell you how much weight I have lost so far. Anyways, I thought it would be a good idea to talk about some of my favorite kitchen gadgets that help me to eat better, cleaner, healthier meals.

1. Food Scale-I bought a Weight Watchers brand food scale about a year ago and I cannot tell you how much I have used it. I still remember the first time I measured out the correct portion of chicken for dinner one night...it hit me how GINORMOUS American portions are (a correct portion of chicken is about 1/2 of a chicken breast-relatively the size of your palm).

2. Measuring Cups-Measuring cups are very helpful especially when you buy food in bulk.

3. Ninja Food Chopper- My mom bought me the Ninja brand food chopper/blender and I love it! It is easy to use and easy to clean. This little gadgets helps speed up food prep-who doesn't want that?


**As I am composing this blog, I am watching my little brother play Black Ops. I never realized how realisitic this game is-very disturbing. As I was watching my brother play this incredibly violent game, an interesting thought came to my mind-how many people play this game on a daily basis? And of those people, how many of them would actually go to the front lines? Probably not many. It is also weird to watch my little brother stab and shoot people without blinking an eye-I know it is just a game but it is still concerning. I would personally never play this game but watching it gave me a little glimpse of what it must be like to be a soldier...which makes me appreciate things just a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment